Country requirement & restriction
Export - Procedures
- Export bookings are handled either through our website's booking module, or with our Customer Service Teams located in our local agency office.
- Documentation/Shipping Instructions - All export documentation must be submitted 48 hours prior to vessel arrival.
- Sailing Schedules can be obtained directly from our website.
- For further information, please contact our Customer service desk at (email@example.com).
Export – Restrictions
- Scrap are currently not accepted for export.
- Timber is accepted for export upon verification of the export's permit and license as timber is still a controlled commodity.
- Copper is accepted upon satisfaction by Maersk Line that it is from a known/recognized origin since there are no copper mines in Tanzania.
- Chilled cargo accepted only subject to survey by recognized inspection company e.g. SGS.
- No reefer acceptance in Zanzibar.
- Weight / Measurement - For general information on weight / measurement restrictions please contact your local Agency office.
- Special Cargo - Out of Gauge (OOG), Break Bulk (B/B) and IMO cargo are subject to standard Safmarine approval procedures.
- Bill of lading clauses, documentation - We do not accept any CFS shipments as Nyota Tanzania Limited is not allowed to offer a consolidation product on exports.
- Special Customs Requirements - No special clauses/restrictions apply. - For further information, please contact our Customer service desk at (firstname.lastname@example.org)