Inland Haulage Services
Inland haulage includes transportation from vendors to the port of shipment, and from discharge port to the point of stripping the ocean container by truck and or rail. From Lomé Safmarine offers Through Bills of Ladings (TBLs) services to Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali. Lomé is in fact the preferred corridor for Through Bills of Ladings destined to Burkina Faso. The inland haulage has been outsourced to Maersk Logistics Togo who has dedicated 3rd party truckers with focus on service delivery and safety. Maersk Logistics Togo also offers Merchant Haulage to these destinations. Today, Maersk Logistics Togo has transported more than 2.000 FFEs to the hinterland destinations with Burkina Faso and Mali being the largest ones.
Moving inland cargoes via Lomé offers many advantages:
- Lomé is a Freeport, thus facilitating fast and problem free cargo clearance
- An integrated Safmarine and Maersk Logistics solution. Offices are well connected for easy communication and problem solving
- Developed, proven and successful product. Efficient and safe delivery.
- Competitive pricing, both compared to local market and neighboring countries.
- Fast and effective In-house customs house brokerage.
- Only 2 days required for loading out of port.
- Daily reporting/tracking on all shipments via Lomé.
- Short transit times with safe, reliable and well-conditioned trucks.
- Dedicated team, both in office and on the field.
- All the countries have French as official language and all are using the same currency (FCFA/XOF).
- Togo is bi-lingual and can also handle documents also in English.