Country requirement & restriction
- Import cargo is released on presentation of original bills of lading, duly signed container guarantee forms and payment of local charges. Import clearing procedures can be obtained from your local Safmarine office.
- Import containers must be cleared within 7 days for reefers and 14 days for dry containers after being discharged or they are subject to a demurrage and detention tariff.
Container deposit refunds:
- We charge a container deposit on all import cargo into Tanzania. This is a refundable charge upon the empty return of our containers.
- Once an empty container is returned, you can request for refund by filling the below form. We will process your refund and have your cheque available within 7 working days, assuming there are no outstandings. Cheque can be collected within 36 hours of issuance.
- Change of final destination/consignee address is subject to Customs approval.
- Weight amendment is subject to verification under Customs supervision and approval.
- For further information, please contact our Customer service desk at (email@example.com)