Rate Announcement – Far East to South Africa
Effective from 01st June 2019
As Safmarine strives to continue to offer you a broad portfolio of services, we are announcing an increase in FAK rates (Freight All Kinds). Below are the FAK rates for a sample list of corridors, commodities and container types where the rate increase is effective. As always, please visit my.safmarine.com for a quote, or your rate sheets or contracts will provide you with full details of rate increases.
|Origins||Destination||Commodity||Rate levels (USD)||Effective start date||Effective end date|
|Shanghai||Durban||FAK||1000||1900||1900||01-Jun-19||Until further notice, but not beyond 16- 06-19|
|Qingdao||Durban||FAK||950||1900||1900||01-Jun-19||Until further notice, but not beyond 16- 06-19|
|Chiwan||Durban||FAK||900||1700||1700||01-Jun-19||Until further notice, but not beyond 16- 06-19|
|Kaoshung||Durban||FAK||950||1900||1900||01-Jun-19||Until further notice, but not beyond 16- 06-19|
|Shanghai||Cape Town||FAK||1100||2000||2000||01-Jun-19||Until further notice, but not beyond 16- 06-19|
|Qingdao||Cape Town||FAK||1050||2000||2000||01-Jun-19||Until further notice, but not beyond 16- 06-19|
|Chiwan||Cape Town||FAK||1000||1850||1850||01-Jun-19||Until further notice, but not beyond 16- 06-19|
|Kaoshung||Cape Town||FAK||950||1900||1900||01-Jun-19||Until further notice, but not beyond 16- 06-19|
- The above rates are inclusive of Basic Freight Rate (BAS), and Bunker Adjustment Factor (SBF).
- The above rates are subject to Low Sulphur Surcharge (LSS), Emergency Risk Surcharge (ERS), Terminal Handling Charges (THC), Peak Season Surcharge (PSS) and Emergency Bunker Surcharge (EBS). Detailed levels of LSS, ERS, THC, PSS and EBS can be found here.
- The above rates are also subject to other applicable surcharges.
- Other corridors, commodities and container types (including reefers) that are not listed above may also be subject to increases.
- These rates are unaffected by, and do not affect, any tariff notified, published or filed in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
- For trades subject to the US Shipping Act or the China Maritime Regulations, quotations or surcharges that vary from the Safmarine tariff shall not be binding on Safmarine unless included in a service contract or service contract amendment that has been filed with the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) or the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, as applicable.
We thank you for your partnership. We truly appreciate the trust you give us in moving your cargo from one doorstep to the next, and we are excited to continue working closely with you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your local Safmarine agent. Our contact details are available on www.safmarine.com.
If you would like to make a booking, please visit my.safmarine.com.
Together we go places.