COVID-19 Business Update - India
Dear Valued Customer,
We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Safmarine’s operations in India.
Safmarine leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for India!
04 August 2020
Government of India has further extended the lockdown in Containment Zones up to 31st August permitting all activities outside containment zones in a phased manner.
A. Counters and Delivery order
- Only online payments will be accepted. We have discontinued accepting Cash/ DDs/ Cheques at the counters
- Major Counters are open pan India with revised timelines from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday and 10:00 am to 1:30 pm on Saturday
- Additionally, we have also setup counter at our Maersk Annex(New Maersk) CFS, here you surrender your Original BLs as well as other documents
B. Bill of Lading issuance
BLs pending release
- Please release waybills where possible , you can also opt for Sea way BL while filling the shipping instructions
- You can also print the Negotiable Bill of lading on Safmarine stationary via Web printing however we recommend you not to take the print in the current scenarios
C. Port operations/vessel schedules
- All Ports are operational
- With the slowdown in port operations the below services will be impacted/delayed
- Feeder updates as below:
- Feeder P1S GH Zephyr(Colombo- Goa) is running 3 days out of schedule due to delays in Goa
- Vessel 9MY Capt. Kattelmann(Jebel Ali- Shuaiba )is running 4-5 days late due to delays out of Shuaiba
- Vessel L9H Diyala(Jebel Ali- Shuwaikh) berthing is not confirmed at Jebel Ali yet hence all bookings planned on Diyala will be shifted to vessel Dubai Alliance
- Vessel Q4N Maersk Saratoga(Jebel Ali- Shuaiba- Shuwaikh) is running 3.5 days late
- Vessel K8T X-press Kangchenjunga(Jebel Ali-Bahrain- Al Jubayl) is severely delayed ex Jubail due to bad weather, she is running 3 days behind schedule
- Vessel R5N Frisia Amsterdam( Jebel Ali- Umm Qasr) is running 3 days late due to late phase in and ICT terminal EID closure
- V07 Messini -Y12 Service ( Jebel Ali – Colombo – Chennai– Vizag - Cochin)
Vessel will be blanking after discharge at Jebel Ali on 17th May. There are two vessels currently under Y12 service – Varada and Neyyar
- We have introduced the Jade Express service:
The Jade Express commencing September 3rd, 2020 out of Colombo will connect the Far East Asia, Indian Subcontinent and Pakistan. The rotation will be: Colombo - Mundra - Port Qassim - Mundra.
The ports in Far East Asia will be covered by our own network as pre-carriage connecting to the Jade Express service in Colombo.
With the introduction of these, existing Pakistan Express and Pakistan Express 2 services will be terminated.
The last westbound sailing of Pakistan Express will be XIN HONG KONG (voyage 041W), estimated to depart from Qingdao August 4th while the last eastbound sailing will be XIN HONG KONG (voyage 041E), estimated to depart from Karachi, August 28th.
The last westbound sailing of Pakistan Express 2 will be COSCO KAOHSIUNG (voyage 076W), estimated to depart from Shanghai August 6th while the last eastbound sailing will be COSCO KAOHSIUNG (voyage 077E), estimated to depart from Karachi, August 29th.
- We have introduced the Arabian Star service:
The Arabian Star commencing August 17th, 2020 out of Port Klang will connect the Far East Asia, Indian Subcontinent and Middle East. The rotation will be: Port Klang - Singapore - Tanjung Pelepas - Jebel Ali - Dammam – Doha – Hazira - Colombo.
With the introduction of these, existing Arabian Express will be terminated.
The last sailing of Arabian Express will be JOSEPHINE MAERSK (voyage 034W), estimated to depart from Colombo August 21st.
- Impacted Trade: Middle East–India Subcontinent to North America, Far East Asia to/from Indian Subcontinent/Pakistan- separate communications are already sent out
- We have blank sailings which have impacted trade between Indian Subcontinent to/from Middle East- separate communications are already sent out
- Due to significant reduction in demand we will be having blank sailings from Middle east/Indian subcontinent to Europe and Mediterranean and vice versa( refer customer communications that’s already sent out)
D. Rail movement
- Movement by rail is back to normal
- Truck movements are hampered by non-availability of truck drivers in certain regions
E. CFS/ICD/Empty yard operations
- CFS’s and Empty yards are fully operational in all the major locations
- Expect shortage of labour for export stuffing/carting, working with labour contractors/depots to ensure we have adequate supply where required
We are in constant communication with our customers to optimize the deployment of available resources. Rest assured that we are making every effort to maximize our capacity to support your needs.
We will keep you updated of any changes to the current situation. If you have any concerns and/or queries, please feel free to get in touch with your local Safmarine agent.
Together we go places.